Information for Oxygen Dependent Travelers
"We Provide Oxygen Around The World"
If You Can't Breathe, You Can't Go Anywhere !...
As an oxygen dependent traveler, you know by now that Oxygen away from home is expensive. And you shouldn't let that stand in the way of enjoying your life. Otherwise you will have to be content to travel in the comfort and safety of your living room on the Discovery or Travel Channels.
1) NEVER take your own oxygen containers on board any aircraft of any kind without emptying them first and notifying the airlines. An oxygen container that is not empty is a bomb. Remember the Valu-Jet disaster. It's far better and safer for everyone to leave your oxygen at home, then get what you need for your trip from us. In foreign countries, all equipment is different.
2) First and Foremost, Get a Direct Flight!
Some airlines limit the number of oxygen dependent Travelers to one to two per flight!
3) Book your flight well in advance. (We recommend 4-6 weeks)
Some smaller airlines and commuter flights don't provide oxygen.
4) The price of airport connecting oxygen is all labor and transportation!
A) Best prices are generally Monday-Friday, 9a.m.-5p.m. Try to make your arrival & departure within this time frame ! Before 9 a.m. & after 5 p.m.,
we pay our personnel overtime, so we charge extra for that service.
B) And we also pay our personnel overtime on, Saturday, Sunday & Holidays. Some vendors charge extra for the day before and / or the day after a major holiday. Try to avoid these days so that you don't have to pay extra!
C) We require at least 48 hours advance notice to schedule service at airports and on cruise ships anywhere in the world. We can accept less time, but we charge extra for that service.
D) Many times you have an option of how to plan your travel. The cost of connecting airport oxygen may influence your decision. However, to the oxygen dependent traveler, reliability of service is usually more Important than the cost!
The following chart will give you some comparison information to allow you to plan your trip.
The chart is broken down into five categories: Reasonable; Moderate; Expensive; Very Expensive & Ridiculous. The difference in price between a Reasonable & a Moderate airport/cruise ship is $50.00 - $75.00.
||SALT LAKE CITY
||NEW YORK CITY
VERY EXPENSIVE :
||ATLANTA ALL FOREIGN CITIES
||HOUSTON & AIRPORTS
5) We deliver oxygen to: airports, cruise ships, hotels, motels, resorts, private homes, health care facilities, automobiles, buses, limos, trains & other entities everyday. Our goal is to provide you with the best service in the world. And we gladly accept credit cards, travelers checks, cash and direct billing as payment.
A) You should always check with your current oxygen provider before looking for outside assistance. They may have networks that might be able to help you.
B) Many of you will be traveling to visit family or friends. When you arrive, the family or friend can meet you with the oxygen. All you need to do is fax their prescription for the oxygen to us and we'll arrange for them to pick it up and bring it to you.
6) TRAVELMED® charges a service fee over & above the oxygen costs for all of the service that we provide. On completion of the service, a comprehensive receipt will be sent to you to obtain reimbursement form your insurance company for our services. Depending on your coverage, the oxygen service and our fees may not be reimbursable.
7) All credit card transactions for services rendered, security deposits, bank wires, currency exchanges, shipping,mail, Federal / Airborne / DHL / or other express mail services, administration fees, delivery, pickup and taxes (etc.) will be charged a non-refundable seven percent (7%) processing fee.
8) Medical Oxygen is a prescription drug that is regulated by the United States Food and Drug Administration and foreign governments. Once a prescription for medical oxygen has been filled, dispensed and/or delivered it cannot be returned for a refund, credit or be used by anyone else, by United States and international law.
Oxygen Prescriptions are not legal outside of the United States except through companies that have contracts with foreign oxygen providers.
TRAVELMED ® has contracts in 120,000 cities in 157 countries.
U.S.A. Toll Free: 800 or 877 or 888-878-3627